Wednesday, May 25, 2011

don't think about making art, just get it done. (goal one - get a sewing machine)







photos via pinterest

lately i've felt like i have too many ideas floating around in my head, yet nothing ever gets done. everything was at a stand still. last night, taking the advice of an extremely wise beyond his years boyfriend of mine, i jotted down twenty goals i would like to complete within a one year period. having those aspirations and desires written down in front of me made them feel real and more achievable. we then went through the list and determined which ones i could cross off quickly... and i am happy to say that i've just checked my first one off the list. when i moved away from home i had no choice but to leave my sewing machine behind (as it is my moms and i don't think she would have been fond of me nicking it) and i've been nagging myself ever since to pick up my own. i used to love repurposing pieces from vintage clothing and creating new bags from discarded fabrics. so let's see what disasters i am bound to create, i'll be sure to post any pictures along the way.

one down, nineteen to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...